If you are not in immediate danger, currently feel safe from harm and do not need to report an emergency - then speaking to someone about your options is a great place to start. 

University Support:

  • Report and Support: If you submit a report with details, a specially trained Liaison Officer will be in touch within 2 University Working Days. Your report will not trigger a formal complaints process, and the advisor can confidentially speak to you about both your reporting and support options. You will never be forced to submit a report to the police, a Formal Complaint to the University or a Grievance to HR- as this is your choice. 

External Support:

  • Your Union 
If you are a student: Warwick Students’ Union Advice Centre is a third party Hate Crime reporting centre- the expert staff can also provide support, advocacy and advice to students even if they do not wish to report.

If you are a member of staff: and have opted to join one of the three unions recognised by the University; UCU, Unite and UNISON, they will be able to offer advice, advocacy and support. 

All help and advice from unions is independent of the University of Warwick.
  • ACAS:  gives employees and employers free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practice.
  • Citizens Advice:  give people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward - whoever they are, and whatever their problem. 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened