It is entirely within your right to formally report misconduct. You can formally report something to the University and/or the police if it constitutes a criminal offence. 

Report to the University

  • Report and Support: If you submit a report with details, a specially trained Liaison Officer will be in touch within 2 University Working Days. Liaison Officers can help outline your formal reporting options (for both students and staff), as well as describing what these processes might look like and what an investigation would entail. Liaison Officers in particular, can help support reporting parties from the start to finish of any formal reporting route. 

Report to the Police

  • Reporting to the Police if you are in Immediate Danger: Call 999. 
  • Reporting to the Police if you are NOT in Immediate Danger:
    The Police's national non-emergency telephone number is staffed 24/7. Call them on 101 to report what happened. 
    If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use their textphone service on 18001 101. 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened